In order to research and write a great thesis, you need a solid foundation of research skills. Take some time near the beginning of your thesis research to brush up on your research skills using the resources below.
Each library tutorial has 4-5 modules and takes about 25 minutes to complete in total. Feel free to skip around and do the modules that are most relevant to you.
The Start Your Research tutorial will help you:
- Understand the goal(s) of your assignment
- Determine the information you need
- Explain how knowledge is created over time
- Find the information you need in the library
The Academic Integrity tutorial will help you:
- Discuss the importance of academic integrity
- List the best practices for working with integrity
- Apply your understanding of attribution to your research
- Recognize how copyright and fair use affect producing your scholarly work
Boolean Operators allow you to construct efficient and effective searches, maximizing the amount of relevant information your search returns while minimizing the amount of irrelevant information. Check out these videos to learn more about how these and other search techniques can be applied.