The Claremont Colleges Library provides no-cost access to Pressbooks.edu for the TCCs community interested in creating or modifying open textbooks. Pressbooks is a web-based publishing tool that allows authors to easily import content and export the resulting publication to a variety of formats, including MOBI, EPUB, and PDF. Additionally, the platform and compatible plugins support embedded multimedia, interactive assessment, and web annotation.
OER projects supported by the Library are created and hosted in the Pressbooks platform for the following reasons:
- Low-medium learning curve
- Downloadable in multiple formats
- Ideal for monographs, manuscripts, blog-to-book, and open textbooks
- Similar to WordPress
We provide consultation on Open pedagogy, Pressbooks platform training, technical support, accessibility checks, cover design advice, and intellectual property guidance. Additionally, we'll advise on migrating content into Pressbooks from other formats for authors interested in modifying existing OER. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- The creation or adaptation of content must result in openly licensed learning materials.
- The creation or adaptation of content that will be used in a course.
- The primary creator or adaptor must be a faculty or staff member at the Claremont Colleges
- For more information, see a sample Publishing Agreement for individual authors