Practical First Steps
1. Define Topic and Unit of Analysis
2. Create a specific statement of exactly the kind of data you need.
3. Identify Data Sources Locate Government Agencies, Organizations and Honnold Library or Claremont Colleges commercial subscriptions.
4. Review Literature Search the major bibliographic databases in your field.
5. Restricted Data: Some data supplied by data archives such as ICPSR contain restricted data. This data requires special security to insure protection of confidential material.
If you identify restricted data that you wish to request; you can't find what you need; or to o recommend data for purchase please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.