Peer-reviewed articles, theses, and scholarly books from journals, professional organizations, and university and preprint repositories. Visit Open Content to learn how to connect content from The Claremont Colleges through Google Scholar.
A data archive of more than 500,000 files of research in the social sciences.
Some content requires username/password. Note: Create an individual user account at the log in site
Having trouble downloading data or accessing other ICPSR resources? Try these things first (instructions below):
1. Open a new private or "incognito" browser window and copy/paste this address into the search bar: https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/. Retry your login.
2. Reset your password
3. Connect to your institution's VPN, if available
Resetting Your Password: Visit the Password Reset Request page, or email ICPSR Web Support at email@example.com
Typically, ICPSR will automatically recognize your institution and validate your account. If you're trying to download data and receive an unexpected alert that you're not from a member institution, even though you are, your account may need to be validated. We can update this manually.
To request a validation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, your institutional email address, and the name of your institution.
VPN Does your institution use a VPN (Virtual Private Network internet connection)? Each VPN is configured differently, but for most institutions, you can use your VPN to access your ICPSR account.
1. Log into your VPN using the instructions provided by your institution
2. Open a browser window and navigate to icpsr.umich.edu
3. Click "log in" on the top right
Your library or IT team may have additional information available, please contact them for VPN assistance.