- Disambiguates individuals. This is especially helpful for people with common names or those who have changed their name.
- Gives you control of your scholarly profile regardless of name changes, variations of your name in publications, or institution changes
- Improves the visibility of your work through a scholarly profile controlled by you
- Required by a growing number of publishers (e.g. Wiley, PLOS, Cambridge University Press, and many others)
- Required or encouraged by a growing number of funding agencies
- Saves you time by allowing information to be entered in one place
Including your ORCiD identifier may be possible or required when you submit a manuscript for publication. This will help to automatically create a new record for that work in your ORCiD record when it's published. Review a current list of publishers who require ORCiD identifiers with submissions.-0