- Educational Services Assessment & Instruction Librarian
Sara received her Master's Degree in Library Science (with a Specialization in Special Collections) and Master's in History (Early Modern Europe Specialization) from Indiana University-Bloomington. Her Bachelor's Degree in History is from the University of Missouri-Columbia. She has worked in academic, public, and special libraries. Non-library interests include travel and quilting.
- Honnold Library, Room H308A
- (909) 607-6231
Professional Organization Memberships
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- American Library Association
- Special Libraries Association
- Edwards, John D., M. Sara Lowe, Karen L. Wallace, and Melissa H. Weresh. Iowa Primary Resources. CALI, May 2011. http://www.cali.org/lesson/8995
- Edwards, John D., M. Sara Lowe, Karen L. Wallace, and Melissa H. Weresh. Iowa Secondary Sources. CALI, May 2011. http://www.cali.org/lesson/9015
- Edwards, John D., M. Sara Lowe, Karen L. Wallace, and Melissa H. Weresh. Iowa Legal Research. Durham, NC: Carolina Academic Press, 2011.
- Lowe, M. Sara and Karen L. Wallace, “HeinOnline and Law Review Citation Patterns,” Law Library Journal, 103(1), 2011: 55-70.
- Lowe, M. Sara and Sean M. Stone, “Information Literacy for Professional Programs: Two Case Studies at One University,” Information Outlook, 14(6),2010: 17-23. (Presented at SLA Annual Meeting, see Presentations; received Best Paper of 2010 award, see Grants & Awards).
- Lowe, M. Sara and Sean M. Stone, “Testing Lesniaski’s Revised Brief Test,” College & Undergraduate Libraries, 17(1), 2010: 70-78. doi:10.1080/10691310903584809
- Stone, Sean M. and M. Sara Lowe. Pre-Meiji Books in the Lilly Library. Guide to the Japanese collection at the Lilly Library, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2009.
- Lowe, M. Sara. “Clear as Glass: a Combined List of Print and Electronic Journals in the Knowledge Base.” Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship, 20, 2008: 169-177.
- Lowe, M. Sara and Sean M. Stone, editors: “Checklist of Known Leaf Books.” In Chalmers, John, compiler. Disbound and Dispersed: The Leaf Book Considered. Caxton Club: Chicago, IL, 2005.
- Lowe, Sara and Sean Stone, “‘For the Dissemination of Useful Knowledge’ The Workingmen's Institute, New Harmony, Indiana,” Indiana Libraries, 22(2), 2003: 15-17.
- Lowe, M. Sara. “Reference analysis of the American Historical Review,” Collection Development, 22(1), 2003: 13-18.
- Lowe, M. Sara. “Dear Ms. Twiddy” The World War II Correspondence of Alvin and Beulah Lowe. Private Press: Bloomington, IN, 2003.
- Lowe, M. Sara. Alphabets of the World. Private Press: Bloomington, IN, 2003.
Presentations & Posters
- “Interdisciplinary Citations in Law Review Articles: Implications for Librarians, Law Students, & Library Collections,” June 21-24, 2012. American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Conference, Boston, MA. (with Karen L. Wallace)
- “What if You Don’t Have a Whole Semester? Teaching Legal Research Skills in a Single Session.” October 15, 2010. Mid-America Association of Law Libraries (MAALL) Annual Conference, Iowa City, IA. (with Karen L. Wallace)
- “Information Literacy for Professional Programs: Two Case Studies at One University.” June 16, 2010. Special Libraries Association (SLA) Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA. (with Sean M. Stone)
- “Finding Legal Information.” October 21, 2009 and February 25, 2010.Drake University Excellence in Learning Series, Des Moines, IA. (with Karen L. Wallace)
- “Closing the Loop: Making Collections Relevant Through Assessment.” November 7, 2008. XXVIII Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC. (with Teri Koch)
- “Philip Stong: Iowa Native, Drake Alumnus, Author,” Cowles Library, Drake University, Des Moines, IA. June-September 2010. (with Sean M. Stone)
- “Banned Books,” Law Library, Drake University, Des Moines, IA. September-October 2009.
- “Faculty Favorite Books,” Law Library, Drake University, Des Moines, IA. April 2009.
- “Comet Morehouse: 100 Years of Astronomy at Drake University,” Cowles Library, Drake University, Des Moines, IA. August-December 2008. (with Sean M. Stone)
- “Phthisis in American Poetry,” Online, Bloomington, IN. December 2003.
- “Word as Art: The Concrete Poetry of Ian Hamilton Finlay,” Lilly Library, Bloomington, IN. April 2003.