Meg is Honnold/Mudd Library's subject specialist for psychology, and for media studies. She also works in Honnold Special Collections.
- Campus Address: Honnold / Mudd Library, 800 N. Dartmouth, Claremont CA 91711
- Facebook: Meg Garrett
Meg has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and a Master’s Degree in Library Science from the University of Southern California. Prior to gaining her Master’s Degree, she worked here at Honnold/Mudd Library as a cataloging assistant, and still feels that her history in cataloging benefits her reference work. Her interests include genealogy, science fiction, fantasy, fandom, costuming, and beading. She is the library gift books wrangler and organizes the monthly free books event. She is quite proud of having read and commented on Dr. Henry Jenkins’ seminal work about fandom and fan fiction, Textual Poachers : television fans & participatory culture (Routledge, 1992) before it was published. She is also a citizen of Formenor.
Professional Activities and Interests
- California Academic & Research Libraries, member
- Society of California Archivists, member
- Organization for Transformative Works, member
- Costumers Guild West, member
- American Diabetes Association, member