Instruction Services Manager & E-Learning Librarian
- Manage and develop the Library's teaching and learning initiatives.
- Participate in cross-colleges Library outreach efforts.
- Provide virtual and in-person research assistance.
Char focuses on the intersection of education, research, technology, and design in library services. She was E-Learning Librarian and liaison to the School of Information at UC Berkeley between 2008 and 2011, and recently joined the Claremont Colleges Library as Instruction Services Manager and E-Learning Librarian. An ALA Emerging Leader and Library Journal Mover and Shaker, Char blogs at info-mational and tweets @charbooth. She completed a Master's of Educational Technology at Ohio University in 2008, a MSIS at the University of Texas at Austin's School of Information in 2005, and a B.A. in History at Reed College in Portland, Oregon in 2001.
Among other things non-library, Char is an avid Texan, maker, grower, gleaner, and consummate oceanite.
- American Library Association (ALA) Presidential Task Force for Equitable Access to Electronic Content (EQUACC), 2010-2011
- ACRL Information Technology Task Force, 2010-2011
- ACRL New Publications Advisory Board, 2009-present
- ALA RUSA RSS Research and Statistics Committee, 2008-2011