A Links and Lists box presents resources, online or not, with brief descriptions below them.
Descriptions are limited to 256 characters. Additional descriptive text, unlimited in size, can also be added. This text will be in a pop-up that appears when the user clicks on the icon.
(See Link Options for the differences between Links and Lists, Simple Web Links, and links in text boxes.)
Users can rate items in a Lists and Links box from one to five stars. The average rating will be shown next to the title. (The default is no rating.)
User ratings are optional for linked and listed resources.
These examples link to Boston College LibGuides
Adding items to a Links and Lists box:
Editing items in a Links and Lists box:
Reordering items in a Links and Lists box:
Note: Descriptive text about a Links and Lists box as a whole can be entered at the top of the box.
If you have used the Links and Lists or Simple Web Links box types, you can use the Link Checker tool to check for broken links.
1. Click on Dashboard
2. Click on Tools and select Link Checker
3. You will see a list of all broken links in your Links and Lists and Simple Web Links boxes.
4. You can filter the list to show just published/private/unpublished guides.
5. Click on a link to check it, click on the guide title to fix the broken link
6. The broken links report is run every weekend so once you've fixed your links it won't update until the next report is run.