1. All tabs should fit on one row.
2. Keep tab labels short.
3. Provide alternative navigation to tabs.
4. Tabs should never direct to another webpage.
5. Keep tab organization consistent.
a. Organize by subject, not format.
6. Highlight a few key resources.
7. Limit the number of pages in a guide.
8. Put the important information up front.
9. Provide annotations for resources.
10. Keep collections current.
11. Font and formatting should be consistent.
12. Avoid library jargon.
13. Include a librarian profile with photo.
14. Avoid social media features.
15. Promote guides to instructors.