Creating a new guide for the Staff Intranet:
- From your main dashboard page, click on Create New Guide.
- If you want to use another guide as a template, select that guide. (You can choose one of your own guides, one from another Claremont librarian, or one from another LibGuides institution.) Otherwise, leave it as "Start Fresh (no template)"
- If you do use an existing guide as a template, all of the content (tabs and boxes) will be copied into your new guide for use as is or for editing.
- Give your guide a title.
- Include a brief description.
- Note that the title and description can be easily changed before publishing.
- Use the Groups dropdown menu to assign your guide to the Library Staff Intranet group.
- To allow other librarians to edit your guides (optional), select them from drop-down list.
- Click on Create New Guide and you're ready to format the guide and add content.
Formatting your new guide:
- The first tab in a guide is called Home by default, but it can be changed.
- Click on the Add/Edit Pages in the yellow command bar and select Change Page Name.
- Pick the Home page.
- Enter a new name.
- Hit the Change Title button.
- Content is added to guides using content boxes arranged on pages (tabs).
- See Add/Edit Tabs for details on how to add more pages/tabs to a guide.
- See Add/Edit Boxes for details on the different types of content boxes and how to add them to a page.