Enter & Win!
Every weekday through September, we have trivia questions on Facebook and Twitter. All correct answers will be entered into a drawing at the end of the month. 3 winners will recieve $50 gift certificates!
Answer and win!
Note: The contest is open to everyone; however you must be a student of the Claremont Colleges to win.
All the books listed in this guide are available at the library. During the month of September they'll be on a cart near the Library Services Desk (where you check out books). So feel free to grab one and read!
NOTE: This guide contains information on banned books we have at Honnold Library. It is not a representative list of every banned book throughout history.
Read Banned Books @ Honnold/Mudd Library
Banned Books Read-Out
This event brought to you by the library Outreach Committee:
Sean Stone (chair)
Information gathered primarily from the following sources:
- Haight, Anne Lyon and Chandler B. Grannis, Banned Books 387 B.C. to 1978 A.D., New York & London: R.R. Bowker Company, 1978.
- ALA, "Banned and/or Challenged Books from the Radcliffe Publishing Course Top 100 Novels of the 20th Century."
- ALA, "Frequently Challenged Books of the 20th Century."
- The Online Books Page, "Banned Books Online."
- The File Room, http://www.thefileroom.org/documents/TofCont.html.
- Index Librorum Prohibitorum, 1948 edition.
- The University of Melbourne, "Banned Books in Australia," A Special Collections-Art in the Library Exibition.